Monday, February 28, 2011

Making Words

We use a word activity in class called Making Words by Patricia Cunningham. In this activity the students use a set group of letters to brainstorm and build various words. The set of letters when put all together make a mystery word. Usually the students cut out letters to manipulate but occassionally we do a quick version on the board if we only have a few minutes of time. I write a set of letters on the board and have the students brainstorm as many words as they can. Parents, this would be a great activity for your child to do on a piece of paper in the car for those long road trips or when you are waiting at the doctor, etc.


1 comment:

  1. I use that book too! I made the letter cards that are in the back of the book 4 years ago and somehow I still have 23 sets. Making words is probably my favorite work work activity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...