Monday, January 17, 2011

Base Ten Blocks

This week we will be working on identifying, building, and comparing numbers to 99. To help practice this at home, there is a great online manipulative program at Learning Box. The online program generates random two-digit numbers (can do three-digit for older students) which the students then build with Base Ten Blocks. As an added bonus, the game shows where the built number belongs on a number line or ruler. This helps students visually see which number is the greatest or least.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, Hayley! I'm really enjoying following your blog! I hope all is well this year: have a great week!

    www.wildaboutkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat resource, Thanks! I have gotten out our base 10 blocks a few times for my son and he wasn't interested. I'll have to try this game.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...