Thursday, March 24, 2011

Dory Story: An Ocean Food Chain

As an integrated language arts and science lesson, we read Dory Story by Jerry Pallota. Dory Story is about the adventure of a little boy who gets lost at sea in his dory. On his adventure, he learns all about the ocean's food chain. After reading, the students retold the adventures of the little boy by writing the food chain from the story on a Flow Map. They then illustrated their favorite part of the story. If you get a chance, ask your students how the story ended....they were quite surprised!



3 comments:

  1. Would you mind sending me a copy of this activity. I love it! I went and found the book. My email address is sbroderick@alpine.k12.ut.us
    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also love a copy of this activity. It is very cute. i have never taught food chain to first graders so I was trying to find ideas on what I could do. This is would great and fun! My email is jhill02@sisd.net

    Thanks
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way I can get a copy of this activity! This is just too cute! I also love the cross curricular connection! My email is jholmes@mcdowellschool.org

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...