Sunday, June 3, 2012

Place Value: Interactive Hundreds Board

To help the students prepare for their end of year exam and to review place value, we played a game on the Promethean Board using the interactive hundreds board on TeacherLed. I woud call out a clue to a mystery number that they students had to find on the board. For example, I would say "I'm thinking of a number that has seven tens and four ones." They students would highlight the number on the board. Other clues would be "I am thinking of a number that is the same as the expanded notation 40+5." I planned ahead what numbers to use so that the numbers would make a design once we were completed. This added to the students' level of engagement as they tried to figure out what the mystery picture would be. This mini-lesson is inspired by the work of Marcy Cook.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...